Monday, March 29, 2010

Changes in the Digital Wind

Dear Blog Fans (all 2 of you),

Last June I spiral fractured 2 bones in my right leg while rollerblading.  I was in the hospital for days, have undergone 2 surgeries so far, with more scheduled this year to remove screws and rods and who knows what else.  It stopped my workouts immediately and i am profoundly less active than I was last summer. How does this relate to cooking? Well, if you scroll through my old posts and recipes you will find a few common ingredients: cream, sour cream, processed flours, breads and pastas, cheeses galore, and lots of fatty meat cuts.  Now that I am much less active these recipes are not so great for my "bottom line."

What you can expect to see in the near-future at least are some healthy alternatives to those fatty, heavy meals.  In perfect time for spring and summer, the cream based sauces are out and the fresh herbs and vegetables are in, as well as healthier meat selections, and some new twists on some ethnic favorites. 

I would love to hear your comments, or suggestions on this new path the blog is taking, and I hope for your continued readership and support!

Cassie

2 comments:

  1. Yay I am super excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for some fresh ideas on things to cook. I think I may be regualar reader of your blog going forward. Good stuff. ;D

    ReplyDelete