Wednesday, February 17, 2010

About Me

I burn things. I add too much salt and sometimes switch baking powder for baking soda (turns out they're not basically the same thing.) I've been known to accidentally broil things when you are supposed to bake them and I have a penchant for eating so much of the brownie batter that I have to alter the cooking time of the final product. And I can't seem to cook rice without a crunch.  Even so, I love to cook. And I love to eat. Mostly, I love for people to love what I cook.

Barring cooking mishaps, which "hap" often enough around here; I've become a decent cook in the last five years. I make great homemade pasta sauces and I've perfected the Old El Paso chicken enchilada (the recipe is on the can.)  But I'm ready to branch out and go a bit more gourmet. I like things with fancy names like Gnocchi Nicoise (turns out its just potato noodles with olives and tomato sauce) and Thinly Sliced Traditional Crubeen Maris Piper..actually, I probably wouldn't cook that. Its a pig leg. Whole. 

This might be a bumpy road, but I expect to learn a lot and share it all.  In any case, I'm on a mission to become an amateur gourmet.  I'll post recipes, photos and videos, along with successes and failures...and the number of a few good pizza delivery places.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cassie, I love you dearly... This blog is going to rock :) I will definitely be a follower
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete